
Percy Jackson and the Lighting thief
By Rick Roaidan
Reviewed by Tom (age 10)
This book is about Percy Jackson. Percy is an ordinary boy until he finds out he’s immortal! Percy’s father is Poseidon the God of the sea. Zeus’s Master bolt was stolen right under his nose. Percy, Annabeth and Grover’s mission is to retrieve Zeus’s master bolt.
Percy is twelve, every summer he stays at camp half-blood. Luke is Percy’s friend, he also met Annabeth at the big house. The big house is where Dyonysus and the other satyrs confess things. But they have to do some sword fighting practice to try retrieve the master bolt. Zeus, Poseidon, Artemis, Hades, Athena are the main Gods that are in the book. Percy, Annabeth, and Grover are trying to catch the thief and save the gods from not existing.
It tells you about the gods and learn what powers they have. Some parts are breath taking and exciting. Sometimes you think you figured who the thief is
but it might not be.
It’s a great book for ten-fifteen year olds. And for action type people.
My favourite scene is when
Grover is being pulled in to
Turatus.
This book sounds really interesting. I wonder if you have read other books about mythology? Some great details, but watch the order of your ideas. For example, your favourite scene should be in the body of your review, not tacked on at the end. I'd sure like to know why this was your favourite part!
ReplyDeleteHi Tom I think I might read this next year!
ReplyDeleteJack