
Best Friends
This story is about two girls very different Gemma likes playing in mud and likes football. Alice likes playing with dolls and likes wearing dresses.
The story takes part in the city and and their houses and the setting mostly takes part in Alice’s and Gemma’s bedrooms.
My favourite part of the book is when Gemma has been waiting and waiting to go see Alice for their birthday but Gemma learns she won’t be the only one who is going to be celebrating their birthday. I also liked when Gemma and Alice try to run away from their parents from making Alice move with her mum and dad.
I think that I connect with Alice because I would be sad if my mum and dad made me move to a different town or country and away from my friends.
I would recommend this book to girls who are aged 8-11 and girls who feel the same way as Alice and Gemma and people who like books that involve sad and happy moments it is the best book I have ever read.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYou have good use of story elements in your discussion (setting & character). You also drew me in as a reader in talking about the story's theme of moving. I can certainly agree that it can be a difficult experience to move, but also very rewarding. Make sure you have your work edited before publishing.
ReplyDeleteHi Britney, great book review!
ReplyDeleteMikeely