Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goosebumps Horrorland: Scream of the Haunted Mask, Finn



Goosebumps Horrorland: Scream of the Haunted Mask


By Finn Clearkin

Tahatai coast school Rm 6


The story in the Goosebumps Horrorland series the book Scream of the Haunted Mask is about two ordinary twelve year old kids called Carly Beth and Steve (Carly Beth is what everybody calls her) and they can’t wait until Halloween. Halloween is only a couple of days away and they are getting ready.


One night Carly Beth hears a sound: “Carly Beth...,” and it was a whisper very close. Every time she hears the voice, she feels like she is getting pulled through to a door. She gets pulled straight to the basement, and she hears the voice again, “Carly Beth...” and she heard it coming from a chest.   She opens the chest and she finds a green, glowing mask with red eyes.  She puts on the mask. Then she tried to take it off and it sticks to her face and she can’t get it off. She didn’t realize that she made the biggest mistake of her life and her life will change, FOREVER.



My favourite part is when all the kindergarden children get their masks stuck to their faces.  I can really picture this when I read it and although it made me laugh, I also felt sorry for them.




This is a good book for people who like horror stories, action tales or just weird things. Also this book is the same as the book called Haunted Mask but on the end of this book is when they go to Horrorland.  I recommend this book because you don’t know what going to happen.  I recommend this book and the other books of this series 100%.




1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Finn. I especially like your picture. I too can picture the kindergarten children and their stuck masks - I'd like to read the book just to find out how that happened!

    ReplyDelete